Privacy & Cookies Notice
Who We Are
Format: Data (‘we’ or ‘us’ or ‘our’) collect and process your personal information in accordance with this privacy notice and in compliance with the relevant data protection Regulation and law. This notice provides you with the necessary information regarding your rights and obligations, and explains how, why and when we collect and process your personal data.
Format: Data’s registered office is at Station Roundabout, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland F92 HX06. We can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Information We Collect & Our Legal Basis for Processing
We process your personal information to meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations and to provide you with our products and services. We will never collect any unnecessary personal data from you and do not process your information in any way, other than already specified in this notice.
Name and contact details
- To complete orders and bookings to perform our contract with you.
- To allow to sign into our learning platform to perform our contract with you.
- To send you confirmation of purchases or enrolment in our courses to perform our contract with you.
- As part of our legal obligation for business accounting, tax and insurance purposes.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes.
- To take payments and give refunds to perform our contract with you.
- For fraud prevention and detection purposes.
You hold a number of rights in relation to the personal information that we hold on you, which includes:
- The right to access what personal data we hold about the individual.
- The right to be informed of how we are using the individual’s personal data.
- The right to request the erasure of the personal data we hold on the individual.
- The right to object to us processing the individual’s personal data or restrict us from processing some or all of the individual’s personal data.
- The right to object to direct marketing from us.
- The right to request the correction of incorrect information we hold on the individual.
- The right to request that we transfer the information we hold on the individual to another service provider.
- The right to lodge a complaint directly with the supervisory authority.
If we receive a request from you to exercise any of the above rights, we may ask to verify your identity before acting on the relevant request; this is to ensure that your data is protected and kept secure.
Sharing and Disclosing Your Personal Information
We do not share or disclosure any of your personal information without your consent, other than for the purposes specified in this notice or where there is a legal requirement. We share your personal data with the following categories:
- Third party software companies such as our learning platforms to provide our online courses.
- Professional services such as marketing companies to help us get in contact with you.
- Accountancy and insurance companies to help us run our business and fulfil our legal obligations.
- With your organisation to update them of current course participants of course progress if you take our course within a group.
We take your privacy seriously and we take every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place, including. All activity on our learning platform is secured with an SSL certificate at all times. Credit card information is always encrypted when being used on our platform.
Transfers of your data outside the EU
In some cases, we are required to transfer some information outside the EU. In these instances, we ensure that suitable safeguards are employed to protect your personal data and to comply with data protection laws.
- Our third-party learning platform processes data in Canada and the US. The EU has recognised Canada as having adequate safeguards. The servers located within the United States are managed by Amazon Web Services and is certified under the EU-US Privacy Shield.
Consequences of Not Providing Your Data
You are not obligated to provide your personal information to us, however, as this information is required for us to provide our services to you, we will not be able to offer some of our services without it.
We use a number of different types for cookies for different purposes including:
Site functionality cookies: We use these cookies so that the next time you visit that site, your device will remember useful information such as items added in the shopping cart, visited pages or login options.
Site analytics cookies: This helps us to analyse and measure how visitors use the site to improve the site functionality and experience when you use it.
Advertising or targeting cookies: We use these cookies to deliver relevant ads to you and also help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
Enabling these cookies is not strictly necessary for the website to work but it will provide you with a better browsing experience. You can delete or block these cookies, but if you do, some features of this site may not work as intended. You can control and/or delete cookies that are already on your computer and you can set most browsers to prevent them from being placed. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some services and functionalities may not work.
How Long We Keep Your Data
We retain your personal data for as long as necessary to provide you with our services as our client and to comply with our legal obligation.
The criteria for which we would continue to process your personal information includes:
- Where there is a legal basis, obligation or legitimate interest to continuing processing your personal information.
- Where processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
In the occurrence that you want contact us with any questions about this privacy notice or make a complaint about how your personal data was gathered, how it is being processed by Format: Data (or third parties used by Format: Data), please contact us and our Data Protection Representative.
Format: Data, Station Roundabout, Letterkenny, Donegal, Ireland F92 HX0, email@example.com
Changes to our privacy notice
We may change this notice from time to time. All changes will be posted and updated here. We will notify you directly by email if any significant changes occur. We advise you to check back here frequently to review the most current version of this notice.
This Statement was last updated on 28.08.18